Teaching Young Learners Course
Why should I take the Teaching Young Learners Course?
This course is ideal if you:
- Plan to specialise in teaching English to young learners in your future career.
- Are currently teaching English to young learners and would like to develop a greater understanding of successful methods for the classroom.
As a TEFL teacher it’s important to have as many options open to you as possible. You don’t want to limit yourself to teaching just one age group, but by taking specialist modules, it allows you to improve your teaching skills and your CV will be more competitive.
This course provides you with the right skills and uses tried and tested techniques to give you a targeted approach to teaching children between 4 and 12 years old. Teachers of teenagers are also welcome.
- Blended Course: 1 day (8 hours) or 2 days (4 hours each) at our centre in Rome + 23 hours online
Online component to be completed before and/or after face to face days.
- Introductory unit
- Young Learners and Language Learning
- Teaching YL’s Vs teaching adults
- Lesson Planning
- Classroom Management
- Learning styles and multiple intelligences
- Motivation, Discipline and Teaching Teenagers
- Teaching the four skills
- Assessment methods with YL’s
- Learning through movement
- Using Stories in YL classroom
- Teaching vocabulary
- Grammar is fun
- Classroom language
- Teaching Teenagers
- Evaluating and exploiting/supplementing course books
Evaluation and assessment
- You will have to complete all the course tasks to a satisfactory standard in order to receive the Teaching Young Learners Certificate
- You will have to fully participate, both face-to-face and online
- Must be a certified teacher
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a native / fluent English speaker
Coming soon in June!
Save with our SPECIAL OFFERS!
Special offer 1: Sign up with a friend and get 50% discount p.p.
Special offer 2: Sign up for more than one teacher development course and get 50% discount per course